ORIGIN OF IFFCO
- Till the mid 1960's, cooperatives in India had no production facility despite marketing nearly 70% of fertilisers.
- There was a need of setting up production facility.
- IFFCO was established as the farmers' own initiative in Cooperative Sector on 3rd Nov, 1967 with proposed plants at Kalol and Kandla in Gujarat.
- With the enactment of Multi State Co-operative Societies Act 2002, IFFCO is registered as a Multi State Co-operative Society.
- Since inception, IFFCO has consistently followed transparent, democratic and professional practices in Corporate Governance.
- IFFCO has carved out a strong “Cooperative Identity” and is making sincere efforts to uphold the “Cooperative Values” by cherishing the “Cooperative Principles”.
- IFFCO endeavors to achieve highest levels of transparency, accountability and full disclosure to its members to uphold the spirit of Cooperative Principles and Cooperative Values as laid down by the International Cooperative Alliance (ICA).
- Initiative has been taken for strengthening IFFCO’s Member Cooperative Societies through a web based Member Portal for enabling them to access information relevant to them.