Jordan India Fertiliser Company
Activity : Phosphoric Acid Plant Production (1500 MTPD)
Corporate Office : Amman, Jordan
Plant Site : Eshidiya, Jordan
IFFCO and Jordan Phosphates Mines Company Ltd (JPMC), Jordan have formed a Limited Liability Joint Venture Company, namely Jordan India Fertiliser Company (JIFCO) on March 6, 2008 in Amman, Jordan under the ‘Free Zone’ system to set up a Phosphoric Acid Plant with annual capacity of 4,75,000 tonnes P2O5 and a Sulphuric Acid plant with annual capacity of 14,25,000 tonnes Sulphuric Acid at Eshidiya in Jordan.
IFFCO (27%) and Kisan International Trading FZE, Dubai (25%) together hold 52% equity, while JPMC holds 48% equity. According to the long term Rock Supply Agreement, JPMC makes available the required quantity of Rock Phosphate for the project and KIT to purchase minimum 70% of Phosphoric Acid produced under a long term Phosphoric Acid Off-Take Agreement.
The Foundation Stone of the plant was laid at Eshidiya Site on October 3, 2009. The zero date of the project was October 14, 2010.
The plant was dedicated to Jordan by Hon’ble President Mr.Pranab Mukherjee and His Majesty King Abdullah II of Jordan on October 10, 2015.
Since January 2016, the Plant is running well and operating at 95% capacity.